Friday, July 29, 2011

RSS

Setting up my Google Reader this week was pretty simple. Finding subscriptions was easier than I thought it would be, just typing in a key word of what I was looking for, then going through the list to find what I wanted. When I want to subscribe to something, I think the thing I look at is how many subscribers it already has. That way, I know that it is popular and most likely a credible source of information.
Google Reader made it very easy for me to view all of my classmates' blogs very quickly, and gave me updates on them as well. I have not yet figured out how to subscribe to my other classmates, and only two people have been able to follow/subscribe to me so far (Bistra and Cara).
I do not have any custom made links on my Google Reader profile page, but I do have a link for my shared items. My shared items in Google Reader
Maybe that will help for other classmates to follow me on Google Reader =).
As far as my organization goes, I found tons and tons of articles posted about different animal abuse cases, with new ones being posted daily. Most of them were merely blogs that other users have posted in relation to these events, and some of the events listed were very disturbing so it was very hard to read. On the bright side, their articles and blogs are very easy to find.
I think once I get the hang of following people on Google Reader, it will be easier to keep track of blogs and wikis and the other social media aspects that we are using. So far it is a bit confusing, but Google Reader seems like it has potential to make it much easier since you have access to other sites.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, once I get more comfortable with being able to find people and sharing information with them then this site will become much more useful. This site does have a lot of potential!

    ReplyDelete