This was without a doubt, the most complicated thing we've had to do yet, as Bistra promised. I was able to download Audacity fine and messed around with the audio files a bit, but I wasn't able to download the LAME portion.... it was asking me to put in a password in order to install it... I don't have a password for my laptop.... Also, the steps for adding the audio file greatly confused me. There was so much information, I was barely able to follow it all. Then I was reading more complication on Facebook from fellow classmates about getting the audio files to work, and sure enough, when I went to one of their blogs, their video file did not play.....
On another note, I have no idea how to find podcasts or audio/video files for my wiki regarding my organization, or any other audio/video files.
I personally do not care for this audio podcasting thing. I myself feel awkward talking into a computer for someone else to hear later (I generally do not leave voicemails on phones, either). In regards to others, I would much rather read a blog than listen to it. While I'm reading, I find I can much more focused on what the person has to say. While listening to someone, I find it is much easier for me to get distracted on something else happening around me. With this in mind, I don't think that audio podcasts would help me with my education, and I don't really want to involve them in my education beyond this course.
Bottom line is, I'm more of a reading person so this week was really difficult, and just left me very, very confused... while trying hard to get completely frustrated.... hopefully next week will get better.... I will try to add a audio file later on today to this blog, but I can't make any promises....
No comments:
Post a Comment