Friday, July 8, 2011

My First Blog.

This is the first blog I have ever written and is an entirely new experience for me. First off, my name is Deanna. I am from Massachusetts and go to school here at UNE and am majoring in Marine Biology. I am fascinated by the creatures in the ocean that we know about, as well as the ones we do not know about (which happens to be a greater amount than the ones we have discovered).
I am taking this course in order to complete an SGA requirement, but also to learn more about different social aspect through the media that I have not experienced before. I expect that through this course I will learn a lot about blogging, video blogging, podcasting, and more. Setting up the blog seemed very similar to Myspace or Facebook, and was not terribly difficult for me. I enjoyed being able choose a particular layout and changing the fonts and colors to my liking. I think that learning about all these different aspects of social media will help me in the real world in the future for any professional job and may help to receive insight to my work from others in the same field.
My privacy settings have been set so that only registered users may comment on my blog posts, and those users will also have to enter a word verification, so I will not receive any spam comments.
I chose the layout for my blog according to my interests. The background is splatter paint, which I have found very enjoyable both to create and to observe. The colors of the rest of the blog were chosen to match and blend with the colors in the background.
I am very curious if and what others have to say about my first blog, and I look forward to reading those comments, as well as reading others' blogs, once I am able to access them.
Thanks for reading,
Deanna

2 comments:

  1. I love the simplicity of this blog. It is on the opposite end of the spectrum compared to mine. My blog has many gadgets that I added to it that work for me. One thing I found different was how I followed you. Did you invite everyone to your blog? I clicked follow and it told me that I was entering an "Invite Only" blog. If you didn't mean to do this then that might be something to check out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Corey!
    And yes, I did invite everyone to follow me. It seems there was some difficultly following me otherwise, so I thought it might be easier to invite them all.

    ReplyDelete