Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wikispaces.

A few days ago I signed up for my Wikispaces page, and started the wiki page for my group's organization. The process was a little confusion because it was my first time exploring the wiki aspect of the media. Once I got the hang of it, I rather enjoyed setting it up.
I decided that the first page of our wiki will be a basic introduction to the organization where we have some information on their history, what they do, and some major people that run it. In further weeks we will have more pages that will expand on these and other topics.
Settings are set so that anyone can view it, but only members will be able to edit and change the information (The only members will be Nick and Cara, my partners, as well as Bistra).
Researching our organization was fairly simply as they have their own website packed with information on various topics and things they have accomplished. I don't think it will be too difficult to find the information we need for our wiki, and I look forward to finding out more about this organization.
If you'd like to view what we have so far, here is a link for our wiki (hopefully it works!).
http://petasaw2.wikispaces.com/

3 comments:

  1. Deanna, please, check my blog from July 15th (the last blog) and compare your privacy settings with the images of my privacy settings. For some reason your blogs do not appear in my reading's list. If your settings are the same way, and I still do not see your blogs, I will email blogger and figure it out. Thank you:)

    Note: I know that the images are kind of small and unfortunately, blogger does not allow to open it in a new window so you can see the actual size. Still, it seems the words on the images are still readable:)

    Did I just wrote a note in a comment? :-O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bistra, I just changed my settings to exactly match yours, so hopefully that will help clear things up =).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanna I also found it confusing to set up my wiki but I also thought that about my blog too. Now I am comfortable with working with my blog and hopefully that will happen with my wiki too! I checked out your wiki and your organization seems very interesting so good luck!

    ReplyDelete