Thursday, August 18, 2011

Final Blog!

Well, this is it, the final blog. I had a blast exploring all the different social media aspects on the internet and learning a lot of new things. Lets see... we covered Blogger, Wikispaces, Facebook, Twitter, RSS, Podcasts, YouTube, and Flickr. In my opinion, Facebook and Twitter seem like the same thing, only Facebook seems more structured and social. YouTube, and Flickr seemed to be connected as well; both allow displays of pictures and videos for friends and other users to view and comment on. YouTube and Podcasts are similar as well as they both display videos and audio files. Wikispaces was kind of its own category, and I'm not really sure about it. It just seemed like a place for people to up information they found somewhere else.... Blogger was a great experience, because I got to talk about whatever I wanted and comment on other people's blogs as well and share my opinions. RSS was a great site because it allowed me access to all of the other sites we were using in this class (Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, Wikispaces, Podcasts, etc).
I think that RSS may be the most important and most helpful in my college/business career. It allows access to nearly every other social media outlet that people worldwide use and could be very helpful for keeping in touch with school work in groups or working on a business project in the future.
I think this class was taught perfectly (I really do think that, not trying to get brownie points! =)). I think the powerpoint slides my teacher made were very descriptive and helpful, maybe a bit confusing, but help was given by both her and my fellow classmates when needed. I really enjoyed this class and will probably continue to explore with a few of these sites that we were introduced to =).
So long, folks!

1 comment:

  1. There is so much more in social media that you can expand on, if you are interested. Most sites are much easier than the Google Reader and if you participate in discussions as much as you did with this class, you will really enjoy social media tools. :)

    ReplyDelete